« « Moving out on your Own

Costs Hidden Costs: Who Has To Do The Repairs? Part (4)

cost•S t e p 4 —If what you wanted done doesn’t get done in that reason- able time limit, write a final letter to your landlord or agent saying that you are intending to contact the Residential Tribunal in your state.

• Step 5—If this fails you can apply to the Residential Tribunal for an order stating that the landlord has to carry out the work in order to maintain your place in reasonable repair.

Other things that the Tribunal has the power to do are to grant compensation, or even allow your rent to be paid to the Tribunal (instead of the agent or landlord) until the repairs have been completed. It is important to remember that no matter how slack the landlord or agent is, you can’t simply stop paying the rent!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *